We can’t fulfill our mission without our volunteers! We are grateful to our team of volunteers who give the gift of time.
Whether you are available for just a day or are looking for a long-term volunteer opportunity, you can make a valuable contribution. We also often have opportunities for groups of volunteers.
How Can I Help?
- Are you an organized and a detail-oriented person?
We often need administrative office support.
- Do you enjoy the holiday season?
Consider volunteering your time helping with the Christmas Assistance Program.
- Would you like to work directly with our clients as they apply for services?
We often look for ongoing volunteers who can do client intakes (this involves determining eligibility for services).
- Do you have a green thumb?
We need volunteers to help plant, harvest, and maintain our Community Garden.
- Do you like to cook?
We are often looking for people to help make and deliver meals to our shelters.
- Would you like to be a mentor?
- Are you able to travel around town?
We are often looking for people to help pick up and deliver medication to our clients.
- Do you enjoy spending time with kids?
We are looking for volunteers to read to the children in our Emergency Family Shelter.
- Do you enjoy planning special events?
We can always use volunteers to help us plan our annual fundraising events as well as provide support the day of our event.
Current Volunteer Needs
Please check back here regularly for specific needs we need immediate assistance with.
- We are currently looking for someone to help us create an internal volunteer database.
If you are interested, please call 301-631-2670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, fill out the online form below. A staff person will reach out to you. We appreciate your interest!